This service is cost-effective and is a way of protecting property in the event of accidents, unforeseen weather conditions and theft or robbery, for example. However, many people are unaware of these advantages and do not have home insurance. If you are in this group, read on and learn more about it!
Reasons to buy home insurance
The main reason is to protect your home, ensuring greater tranquility and security for your family. That way, you can go on vacation or stay away for a few days without worrying so much about the safety of your assets.
Think about the following situation: if lightning strikes your home and burns several electronic devices, in addition to all the trouble to deal with the problem, you will have to spend a high amount of money on repairs or replacement of items. Having home insurance protects in cases like this, as the damaged appliances will be indemnified by the insurance company.
What is the coverage of this type of insurance?
Many people mistakenly believe that home insurance only covers fire and lightning strikes, however, it is possible to customize the service according to the interest of the contractor, including a set of insurances in a single policy.
The basic contract warranty provides protection against fire, lightning and explosion. The compensation will be calculated according to the declared value of the residence, plus an estimate of the cost of the goods that are in it. There are no deductibles in this case.
In addition to basic protection, it is possible to hire extra coverage , such as:
- robbery and theft : the insurance company will pay compensation for the house to be repaired and the objects taken to be replaced;
- electrical damage : this category protects the insured in case of wiring problems, burnt out appliances, etc.;
- gale : the roof protects the home from damage caused by salable, hurricane, tornado and hail;
- leakage : the insurer repairs the damage caused in situations like this;
- vehicle impact : if a car crashes into your home and damages a wall or facade, the insurance will cover the cost of the repair;
- civil liability : this coverage refers to damages to third parties , being useful, for example, if the renovation of your apartment affects the neighbor’s unit.
The offer of complementary coverage varies by insurance company, so it is essential to carefully analyze the services offered before closing the contract.
Also, be sure to check the contract’s exclusions, generally, it doesn’t cover theft without traces of break-in, construction failures, wear and tear due to lack of maintenance, pre-existing defects, vandalism, among others.
What to Consider Before Buying Home Insurance
Competition in this market is great, so it is necessary to research and evaluate well the credibility of the company and the services offered before choosing home insurance. Some insurers offer locksmith, plumber, roof repair, etc. assistance, which may be of interest to the customer.
To define the best cost-benefit, it is also necessary to evaluate the cost of the deductible of complementary coverage, which normally corresponds to a percentage of the claim value.
Many people do not buy home insurance because they believe it is a high investment, which is a big mistake, because in many cases it is cheaper than car insurance. In addition, as we have seen throughout the post, it is extremely important to protect your assets and ensure your family’s peace of mind in unexpected situations.